Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Carolers and an Elvis Christmas

My dear friend, Janet, visited Saturday evening. She brought me a gift which I will tell you about farther down.

While we were having hot apple cider and talking we heard Christmas carolers on our quiet street. We haven't had carolers in all the years we have lived here since 1997. It was a special event. Here is part of the group in front of Davree's Christmas Cottage.


More Christmas carolers and there were even more on our front patio to the right, didn't get a photo of them. They had instruments and it was very nice hearing them.


What a wonderful treat for people to carol. They told us they have never come this far in the neighborhood, we are so glad they did! It made the evening so special.

Janet is a quilter, I've neglected quilting for a few years. Janet gave me a gift of yardage of an Elvis Presley Christmas tree skirt or Christmas table topper and ornaments. I put on my Elvis Christmas music while we continued our visit and apple cider.

First thing the next morning I decided I would get more use out of a table topper and cut and hemmed it. Look, isn't it wonderful? Thank you, Janet!


We're ready for a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. 
I hope you all are also ready to celebrate a peaceful Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. I love that carolers showed up at the Christmas Cottage -- perfect! And I also love your Elvis Christmas table topper -- what a fun piece (especially to those of us who still love Elvis!).

    ReplyDelete