Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cotswold Style Stone and Happy Davree

We got a lot done today on Davree's Cottage but still so much to do before we put it out for display by 6 p.m. on Wednesday, December 4!

Jan didn't get a chance to start working on the cottage till almost 3 p.m. and I was amazed how fast the painting on the front was going. Notice the lower right is not finished. The air was cold today, this was about 4:30 when he moved into the garage to continue painting.


Here he is working on the side, amazing work!


One of my small baskets was the right size for yarn so I made a few skeins of yarn and made a set of knitting needles from a bamboo skewer and two wooden beads. I wound a ball of green yarn, to pull out from the center and knit a little swatch on real knitting needles then slipped the stitches to the little bamboo waxed needles. I was pleased with the basket. Notice the end of the original bamboo skewer.


 About 8:30 p.m. I climbed into the cottage to continue decorating, here I'm arranging the tea set on the shelf, everything is attached with museum putty. It works like a charm and releases easily if you twist to remove.



Here I am with Davree and her reindeer pal she's had for years. She looks very happy and is excited that she gets to dress up tomorrow in her new dress. Davree, the Build A Bear Monkey, is so precious to me since my grandsons made her for me on January 2, 2005. I have her birth certificate. They named her Davree, a combination of their names, Davis and Reese.




No comments:

Post a Comment