Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Jumble of Screws and Nails

The sounds of metal and sorting screws is coming from the studio. Earlier today we stopped at Harbor Freight during their 3 day sale. Jan found some organizers and is now busy sorting, from this.......


....and this jumble


... to this

 
....and this!


 He's a happy man.

While he worked all evening in the studio I was keeping him company and doing some organizing and decided to work on a copper fold formed piece. First I cut a piece of copper about 1.5 x 4 inches, slipped it in the vise to fold in half then hammered the fold, annealed and repeated several times. Then the pod was opened. The copper has a purplish look after annealing.


Then I decided it needed to be torn apart, I used metal shears to cut parts open on the front side and used round nose pliers to curl back the cut areas. I buffed a little and will think about what to add, it will make an interesting necklace.


No comments:

Post a Comment