Monday, July 6, 2015

Olde England Inn Victoria British Columbia

Making crumpets on Sunday reminded me of the first time I had crumpets.
It was at the Old England Inn in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in the early 1980s.

The inn impressed me because of my love of anything English and I had never been to England at that time. Afternoon tea and dining at the inn were memorable events, staff was in costume. I still remember the crumpets at teatime and the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding at dinner.

Below are the 6 sides of a 1986 folding brochure from my old travel files, each section scanned.

 Such a shame that the inn has changed, it is no longer filled with antiques and is not English Inn.







For a 1980 article about the couple who developed the Olde England Inn go to this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment