Saturday, January 31, 2015

Finials for the Garden Castle Shed

Drum roll please! After all this time the finials are finally coming together. These are not soldered together yet.


The posts are dark after annealing them with a torch to soften the copper so I could continue working them round. All pieces will be flame colored for an overall same look. Below is the copper sheet being cut.


It's a bit of a problem working large pieces with my jewelry making tools. It takes a little longer. I do love the hammered look for a rustic ancient feel. Here I'm hammering the copper triangle on a leather sandbag to form a post. A ring mandrel was helpful.

Earlier in the week I made up a couple of copper heart ornaments and posted to my MaDil Designs Etsy shop. Hearts, just in time for valentine's day.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment